As a woman who reads comics or plays games, you've probably had personal experience with the attitude that comics and games "aren't for girls". Has this ever made you wish you had a place to go hang out with other like-minded women? A place where you can be free of the Boy's Club mentality that is generally associated with comic books and gaming?
Avalon is that place! We are proud to host a night just for our lady customers! For two hours, the store is all yours; you can talk about whatever you want, watch whatever you want, play whatever you want, without having to worry about feeling like you don't belong.
So please come join us and mingle with your fellow fangirls in a positive, inclusive environment. We hope to see you there!
As an extra bonus, all products are 15% off during Fangirl Night!
* Feel free to bring any snacks or beverages you'd like, and don't forget your trivia caps! We'll be running a trivia contest and the winner may just go home with a little something extra in their bags!
- Would you like to discuss the representation of women in comics? Both the characters in your favorite (or least favorite) series, and the women in the industry who are helping to bring those comics to life? We'd love to hear your opinions!
- Have any tips or tricks you'd like to share with fellow cosplayers? We're dying to hear your secrets to crafting epic costumes!
- Are you into knitting and/or crochet? Come in and exchange nerdy patterns!
- Do you like to write? Let's talk about our creative processes and what inspires us!
- Want to debate wibbly wobbly, timey wimey things? Idris says bring it on!